Sunday, February 19, 2006

Happy Poem

If I had one wish it would be that all of the children would have enough puppies, flowers and lollipops to last the whole winter. We could all hold hands and buy cokes for each other. When we looked up there would always be a rainbow or a twinkling star or snowflakes (landing on my nose and eyelashes) or bunnies in the clouds (or maybe monkeys cause they make me laugh with ther banana stealing antics).

Yellow is a very happy color. Daffodils and sunshine are yellow. So is a certain kind of snow. One time I threw a certain kind of snowball at my best friend's face. That made me laugh. That made me happy.

You know what else is happy? Listen and I'll tell you: Songs are happy. Songs about puppies, flowers and lollipops are especially happy. They can be accompanied by a little dance if you're into that sort of thing.

Cotton candy in the shape of a bunny (or monkey) cloud would be so cute. Oh, and don't forget world peace!

6 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Tsavo Leone said...

You are starting to show signs of eccentricity m'girl... and I think that's a "very good thing".

Whilst I'm not sure this would be formally labelled as "a poem", I can easily imagine someone (you?) doing this as a short spoken word piece. It does have a rather innocent, childlike quality to it which I find very endearing...

Oh, and it put a very large smile on my face in the process.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Kara Alison said...

Let the record show that this will only be the beginning of my eccentricity. I see this as a completely experimental forum. This means that I will be trying out all kinds of ideas.

Oh, and it's a "prose poem." The prose poem doesn't have an exact definition, so I have decided to run with the complete lack of limitations.

My idea was for this to be read in a satirical tone. I hope, given my past convictions, this comes across. Reading aloud would definitely help.

Thanks and glad you liked it.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Michele said...

How can monkeys and lollipops be satire?
Saccharine, yes, but satire?
Hmmmm.

Freeform poetry.
interesting concept.
I like the fact that you put all those cute symbols of childhood and innocence in there. All the things as adults , we disdain and no longer make time for, except when we have our OWN children. Then we have an excuse to live it all again. And thru THEIR eyes, get in touch with the innocence we used to know.

When every entry makes us readers think, its worth visiting.
Thanks!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Kara Alison said...

Michele - You always add something new with your comments. I really appreciate how you can help me to see my own work in completely new ways.

...thank you.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Oh, if it were only true. :) (sigh)

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Kara Alison said...

Jeff - It can be! Just think lovely thoughts. (or is she kidding folks? No one knows!)

Jason - This is exactly what I was trying to get across. Slightly short of postal - what a great way to put it! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home