Friday, February 03, 2006

Cadbury’s Crack: My lover, my friend, my ultimate downfall

Cadbury’s Crème Eggs are my best guess at what Nirvana feels like. As I bite the top off and the inner creamy goodness is revealed, my surroundings cease to exist. I take each bite with my sole purpose being that I will maintain the perfect proportion of crème to chocolate from start to finish.

The process takes about five minutes. During those five minutes, one could defile a puppy with my precious flute, and I would not take note. That, and various otherwise objectionable behavior might take place directly under my nose, and I would simply sigh and take my next bite.

I would like to express my love for Cadbury’s Crème Eggs in the form of Haiku. (Please note, I have taken liberties with the number of syllables in the word chocolate.)

Summer’s heat denies
Fall and winter without fruit
Spring returns my love

Fat Tuesday cometh
But what delights does it bring?
Crème filled chocolate joy!

A cloak of chocolate
Golden rays within the core
Palm’s heat yields treasure

Can't mmm speak mmm now
busy mmm eating mmm eggs
mmmm. What did I miss?

Mmmmmmmmm.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Kara Alison said...

What can I say? I love creme eggs...a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home