Monday, February 05, 2007

Open Letter to Cell Phone Companies

To Whom it May Concern:

Cell phones are great. I'm virtually attached to mine. I love all of the bells and whistles. My phone has a camera, it plays songs (Rock Lobster is the best ring-tone ever), it serves as my alarm clock, my calendar, my lover and my friend.

I have but one complaint. There is only one thing that would make cell phones even more spectacular. Before I buy a cell phone that plays mp3s or wipes my ass for me - I just want one, simple improvement. Can we please do something about the screen that displays who's calling and other graphic information, but unfortunately also prominently showcases my ear-goop?

And may I ask: Does anyone else seem to be slowly wearing away, layer by layer, from their ears? I lose so much ear-goop on a daily basis that I truly cannot comprehend how I still have ears affixed to my head. I'm also appalled by the idea that my preferred method of cleaning said ear-goop from the screen is to wipe vigorously and in a circular motion onto my pant leg. It's disgusting. I'm disgusting. Most others seem to be equally disgusting (as I observe the same pant-rubbing behavior on a very regular basis).

Rather than address my cleanliness (or lack thereof), I would prefer that the cell phone companies invent a screen that does not reveal my ear-goop so blatantly. It can't be that hard. A new texture of plastic (perhaps not quite so reflective) should do it. This would be far better than me having to face my own bodily output on an hourly basis.

I appreciate your consideration of this grave matter. Blissful ignorance on how much nastiness I produce is much better I'm quite sure.

Thank you very sincerely,
Kara

6 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Michele said...

K A R A !!!!

You have no idea how hard I laughed as I read this post!

LOL!!
**wipes tears**

I hardly ever use my cell phone so I can't relate.

Perhaps they could make those little static cling clear plastic sheets for the screen?

When soiled, pull off, toss and slap on a new one ready to go?
It's the only thing I can think of if I were to take this dilemma seriously.

*giggle*

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Kara Alison said...

Glad you enjoyed it! I had fun writing it.

You may be on to something with that peel off plastic sheet. I'm calling my Congressperson.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Samtooth said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Samtooth said...

Do you realize that it isn't 'ear-goop' but the oils secreted by your face? Maybe you should try not holding the phone flat on your face.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Kara Alison said...

Do you realize that this isn't serious, but a joke? It's meant to be funny. You should try laughing!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger S. Dash said...

Yeah, cell phones do attract lots of nasty goop, but it would be hard to imagine life without them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home