Friday, November 24, 2006

An Idea

There are two types of men who might kill you. The ones who mean to do it and the ones who do it - almost by mistake - in a fit of some emotion. The first man will look you in the eye with a self righteous stare and tell you he's innocent. The second man will tell you his story and search your soul for his redemption.

If I should meet my fate in some violent and untimely manner, I sincerely hope my executioner is the second man. In a world where justice is no guarantee, I take comfort in the fact that the punishment he will exact upon himself is far worse than any consequence the first man could ever face.

4 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger MacDuff said...

I think that would only be true if they didn't get caught but that is what you meant by In a world where justice is no guarantee.
Given that the emotional killer is not caught I dont think it necessarilly follows that he will regard something he did under the influence of emotion as deserving of punishment. He might be rather pleased with his own uncharacteristic behaviour.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Wow, where did THESE thoughts come from?
So scary, I don't think I can comment.
What is scarier is what inspired them from you.
Are you OK??

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Kara Alison said...

oh, I'm fine. Thanks for your concern. I just watched Capote and it got me thinking about how I might start a story. It's just the beginning, but don't worry - it's fiction!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Michele said...

**WHEW!!**

As for starting a story... as long as it's fiction... it has impact. I mean, it got a reaction from me, so that's a good start.

Sounds like you're in touch with your dark muse there , Kara. Very intense.
I look forward to seeing what you build on it from there. I'll just make sure all the lights are on first. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home