Sunday, October 01, 2006

Screw What I Learned in Kindergarten

Today I learned that people want to see me cry.
I learned that people don't believe that you're human until you prove it through suffering.

A month ago I learned that to survive in this world, you have to play games.
Being honest, candid, upfront, sincere - these things will only be twisted into weapons.

When I was in kindergarten I learned about sharing and coloring. I learned how to eat pudding from a little paper cup. I learned how to get the best carpet square for sing-alongs.

Last night I learned that you can't always count on a friend.

2 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Ah, but you are talking about the age of innocence.
That is LOOOONG gone, especially in the work place.
Politics rule ... dirty or otherwise.

Not being able to count on a friend is a horrible feeling ... betrayal.
Almost impossible to get the trust back or even the will to do so.

I guess I'm lucky . Really lucky. A friend of mine offered me a job where she works.... I'll be working in the same room with her. A true test of mettle, of getting along.

I have the burden on my shoulders to be worthy of her trust in me. When I do good, it is a good reflection on her. For the value I have of our friendship, I have to do good, hence pressure.

How weird is it to come off of 6 1/2 years sabbatical to raise my kids until full time school age and BOOM, a job comes to me???

If your post is based on a true happening, I can only wish for good things to happen for you soon and that you find a true blue friend. There's nothing like it when you do.
HUGS!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Kara Alison said...

I do have plenty of true friends and I count myself very lucky as a result. I think this post is inspired more by the many aquaintences that one meets as they go through life - the ones that they hope may become true friends and turn out as dissapointments instead. (Well that's the last line at least - there's more, but I'm going to leave that to interpretation for the time being)

And congratulations on the job! That's wonderful news. Best of luck. I'm sure you won't let your friend down. She wouldn't have so much faith in you if she thought you were going to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home