Friday, November 04, 2005

My Quirks, eh?

I’ve been tagged by Jason Evans at The Clarity of Night once again. This meme encourages that I list and discuss my quirks. Wish me luck.

I have a feeling that there are a lot more quirky things about me that I’m unable to recognize simply because I’ve always thought they were normal. I will do my best to expose what I believe to be my oddities though.

  1. I thoroughly enjoy a good obsession. I like to find something that really gets me excited and then take it one step too far. For example, I write poetry each year singing the praises of Cadbury’s Crème Eggs. I also read and re-read (and re-read…) certain children’s books about a boy with a scar on his forehead. Oh, and beef jerky. Did I mention I love beef jerky?
  2. I believe in my ability to train myself. This means that with the right level of discipline combined with an open mind, I have gone from world’s pickiest eater to the girl who will eat anything. My only remaining dislike is whole, raw tomatoes. After that, who knows? Maybe world domination?
  3. I am completely obsessed (please note the theme) with music. I harmonize in the shower, wail in the car and join every band I have access to. I’m really not complete without it.
  4. I do standup for my friends. What’s odd is that they don’t know it. I’ll make my clever observation privately and then, when the moment is right, do my routine for the group. It’s all in the timing people!
  5. I am generally enraged by the concept (or at least the common definition) of humility. I know that the preferred attitude is to downplay one’s accomplishments and act as if they were no big deal. I feel that this is detrimental to one’s motivation and as a result, I embrace my awesomeness.
  6. ColdStone Creamery, Marble Slab, Maggie Moos. What do I say? How about, if I want ice cream with toppings in it, I’ll ask you for rocky road? Why would I want to stand in line and then wait for you to mix them in, effectively taking more of my time and money to do so? I’ll go to Ben and Jerry’s, thanks. I like my toppings already in my ice cream.
  7. Vegetarians and stupid people frighten me.

That’s what I’ve got. Again, the big quirks are probably the ones I don’t even know about. I hope this has been interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home