Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Breaking Ground

Alright, this is my first try at writing something legitimately (and directly) about me. I've been pondering whether or not it's a good idea for a little while now and I ended up deciding that it couldn't hurt to provide the reader with some insight on this self-proclaimed architect. Of course, the second I assume that there is a reader, I feel like I've been presumptuous. I can't say I'm sure if anyone really reads all of this. I just felt an urge to share and I tend to follow my urges, so here goes.

I started this blog with the purpose of staying creative. I am a graduate business student. I've worked for big corporate America and to put it mildly, it's not a "fit." Being in school has been great, but has also left me stifled on many levels. I've found that large corporations (and B-schools) proclaim thinking outside of the box, but adhere very closely to it in reality (see "Without any regard to the box, whatsoever" for my take on that). I have set out on a path where I will find risk averse, financially driven, game-playing people. I am none of these things. I realize that this will create something of a tough path. I'm up to the challenge, but I realize that changing things from the inside out will require my constant dedication.

True creativity is my goal. Writing is my passion (or maybe more generally - creative arts). I'm seeking to combine the two and by extension say something with purpose...something inspiring. I must confess that this type of writing is rather new to me. I've loved doing it, but you're watching a newborn take her first steps. I'm very pleased to have people along for the ride with me and I sincerely hope I do not disappoint. I aspire to create great buildings. Today, I'm breaking ground.

2 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger MacDuff said...

I am not at all musical but I have found a sure way to evaluate the musical worth of a piece. That is how long I play a tape of it in the car before putting it away for a lengthy period.
There is a correlation between music which those unlike me, who are musical , assert as great, and the number of times I play a tape.
By this measure Beethoven and Mozart hang around whereas the Blues Brothers who I also like don’t last nearly as long before I get sick of them.
Anyway the point is I suspect that you have talent as a writer and one way of measuring this, although you would have to take my word for it, is how long you remain in my bookmarked Blogs.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Kara Alison said...

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I'm working those blisters!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home