Sunday, September 11, 2005

Without any regard to the box - whatsoever

BUSINESS SCHOOL:

The best decision of my life.
The best decision of my life?

What have I learned? How to calculate the time value of money. How to shake a hand. How to measure a human being. How to stay "outside of the box" (and in so doing, remain safely within the confines of groupthink).

I came here to do something more. I came here to find (or sharpen or use--whatever) the tools that would help me to improve the state of the world. Let's start though with the understanding that I already percieve the world as an amazing place. I don't mean amazing as in, "Halle, your dress is absolutely amazing!" or "Where did you get that fabulous pink handbag? It's amazing!" I mean amazing in the perfect science and order of it. When I think about evolution and the near perfection of the human body - That is amazing. When I think of all the little things we take for granted (like gravity or any sensation...touch, taste, love)--amazing. So amazing and so wonderful that the mind reels.

PREMISE: The world is already amazing.
CONCLUSION: It would therefore take something pretty spectacular to improve it.

And I thought that business school would be the right path?

Perhaps my heightened awareness will allow me to work within the confines of the [broken] system. I will shove my crowbar (or dynamite) into the cracks and watch it crumble. What will remain? Ideas and people...and now they will have no boudaries or red tape (or good ol' boys) to stop them. Of course I'll do all of this in my skirt and pumps...

...content to wear my secret tattoo and ready to ask anyone who'll listen if they'd call their sick newborn an "opportunity."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home